ScrapeBox Forum
How to Scrape Targeted URL's - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: How to Scrape Targeted URL's (/Thread-how-to-scrape-targeted-url-s)

How to Scrape Targeted URL's - Pschoe - 03-20-2012

I hope someone could help me:

I would like to know how to use scrape box to srcape targeted URLS
I will not use these for commenting/ping etc.

IN other words - how do I get the urls of sites that has to do with my niche?

The second thing - How do I know these urls actually have some traffic - I scraped some urls today - I then checked them out with compete and most of the urls had 0 traffic. Is it possible to scrape only the first 2 maybe 3 pages of the search eniges?

I hope to learn how to do this the right way - after the dissapointed of so many urls with a 0 visit rank, I started to do it the old fashioned way by hand using google keyword search - it's taking a very looong time, copying the url, checking with compete, pasting if it has more 30 thousands visitis in a day - but atleast I have targeted sites, who have a decent amount of traffic.

Thanks for reading, I hope to learn a few scrapebox trick from some of the scrapebox veterance.
Take care
Pschoe

RE: How to Scrape Targeted URL's - mindmaster - 03-22-2012

(03-20-2012, 02:44 AM)Pschoe Wrote: I hope someone could help me:

I would like to know how to use scrape box to srcape targeted URLS
I will not use these for commenting/ping etc.

IN other words - how do I get the urls of sites that has to do with my niche?
Use keywords related to your niche. Combine those with different footprints (like inurl, intitle, comments closed/opened, *, and other search engine operators).

The second thing - How do I know these urls actually have some traffic - I scraped some urls today - I then checked them out with compete and most of the urls had 0 traffic. Is it possible to scrape only the first 2 maybe 3 pages of the search eniges?

To scrape first 2-3 pages, play with the results number. The maximum number is 1.000, meaning 100 pages in google. So use 20-30 results in the Results box.

I hope to learn how to do this the right way - after the dissapointed of so many urls with a 0 visit rank, I started to do it the old fashioned way by hand using google keyword search - it's taking a very looong time, copying the url, checking with compete, pasting if it has more 30 thousands visitis in a day - but atleast I have targeted sites, who have a decent amount of traffic.
When you use scrapebox, think big. Think of patterns, use revers engineering then use scrapebox power to process high quantities of data.

Thanks for reading, I hope to learn a few scrapebox trick from some of the scrapebox veterance.
Take care
Pschoe

Cover your basic knowledge and watch the tutorials on youtube. Most questions are answered there.

RE: How to Scrape Targeted URL's - Pschoe - 03-30-2012

Thanks MindMaster Smile
I will print this and follow it to the T.

Have a great weekend Smile